National Poetry Month

 April is National Poetry Month and April 17 is Haiku Poetry Day, With that in mind, I thought about working on some bad poetry (FYI – National Bad Poetry Day is not until August)… 

I tried to write a poem
And after nothing to show
I thought, “I better go find a forum.”
But, nothing would flow
So I got some help…. 


The Caring and Focused Agency
a Poem by LadyG

Whose agency is that? I think I know.
Its owner is quite happy though.
Full of joy like a vivid rainbow,
I watch her laugh. I cry hello.

She gives her agency a shake,
And laughs until her belly aches.
The only other sounds the break,
Of distant waves and birds awake.

The agency is caring, focused, and deep,
But she has promises to keep,
After cake and lots of sleep.
Sweet dreams come to her cheap.

She rises from her gentle bed,
With thoughts of kittens in her head,
She eats her jam with lots of bread.
Ready for the day ahead.

With thanks to the poet, Robert Frost, for the underlying structure.




Note: The 2022 poster was designed by eleventh grader Lara L. from Saunders Trades and Technical High School in Yonkers, New York, who was the winner of the 2022 National Poetry Month Poster Contest, and features a line by 2021 Presidential Inaugural Poet and 2017 National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman.


What's your opinion?

@GMBoutwell